The data controller responsible for your personal data is:
ATTN: Chief Privacy Officer
151 O'Connor Street
Ottowa, ON K2P 2L8
Collecting Personal Information
- Device information
- Purpose of collection: to load the website accurately for you, and to perform analytics on Site usage to optimize our website.
- Source of collection: Collected automatically when you access our website using cookies.
- Disclosure for a business purpose: shared with our processors Shopify & Zoho.
- Personal Information collected: version of web browser, IP address, time zone, cookie information, what sites or products you view, search terms, and how you interact with the website.
- Order information
- Purpose of collection: to provide products or services to you to fulfill our contract, to process your payment information, arrange for shipping, and provide you with invoices and/or order confirmations, communicate with you, screen our orders for potential risk or fraud, and when in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services.
- Source of collection: collected from you.
- Disclosure for a business purpose: shared with our processor Shopify & Zoho.
- Personal Information collected: name, billing address, shipping address, payment information, email address, and phone number.
Sharing Personal Information
We share your Personal Information with service providers to help us provide our services and fulfill our contracts with you, as described above. For example:
- We use Shopify to power our online store. You can read more about how Shopify uses your Personal Information here: https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy.
- We may share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
- We use Zoho to process our orders. You can read more about how Zoho uses your Personal Information here: https://www.zoho.com/privacy.html
As described above, we use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For example:
- We use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site. You can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at https://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
You can opt out of targeted advertising by:
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: https://optout.aboutads.info/.
Using Personal Information
We use your personal Information to provide our services to you, which includes: offering products for sale, processing payments, shipping and fulfillment of your order, and keeping you up to date on new products, services, and offers.
Pursuant to the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”), if you are a resident of the European Economic Area (“EEA”), we process your personal information under the following lawful bases:
- Your consent;
- The performance of the contract between you and the Site;
- Compliance with our legal obligations;
- To protect your vital interests;
- To perform a task carried out in the public interest;
- For our legitimate interests, which do not override your fundamental rights and freedoms.
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), you have certain rights concerning your personal data under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). These rights include:
a) Right to Access: You have the right to request access to your personal data we hold about you, and to be provided with a copy of that data.
b) Right to Rectification: You have the right to request that any inaccurate or incomplete personal data we hold about you be corrected or completed.
c) Right to Erasure: You have the right to request the deletion of your personal data in certain circumstances, such as when the data is no longer necessary for the purposes for which it was collected or if you withdraw your consent.
d) Right to Restriction of Processing: You have the right to request a restriction on the processing of your personal data in certain situations, such as when you contest the accuracy of the data or object to the processing.
e) Right to Data Portability: You have the right to request a copy of your personal data in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format, and to have it transferred to another data controller.
f) Right to Object: You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data for direct marketing purposes or when the processing is based on our legitimate interests or for the performance of a task in the public interest.
g) Right to Withdraw Consent: If we process your personal data based on your consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time.
When you place an order through the Site, we will retain your Personal Information for our records unless and until you ask us to erase this information. For more information on your right of erasure, please see the ‘Your rights’ section below.
Data Breach Response
We take the security of your personal data very seriously and have implemented appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect your data from unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. In the unlikely event of a data breach, we will take the following steps:
a) Identification and containment: We will promptly investigate and identify the cause of the breach, and take immediate steps to contain and minimize its impact.
b) Assessment and notification: We will assess the extent of the breach, the affected personal data, and the potential consequences for individuals. If the breach poses a high risk to your rights and freedoms, we will notify you without undue delay, and in any case, within 72 hours of becoming aware of the breach.
c) Remediation and prevention: We will take appropriate measures to mitigate the risks and prevent any further breaches, including reviewing our security measures and updating our policies and procedures as needed.
d) Compliance with legal and regulatory obligations: We will report the breach to the relevant supervisory authority, as required by the applicable data protection laws, and cooperate with any investigations or inquiries.
If you are a resident of the EEA, you have the right to object to processing based solely on automated decision-making (which includes profiling), when that decision-making has a legal effect on you or otherwise significantly affects you.
We do not engage in fully automated decision-making that has a legal or otherwise significant effect using customer data.
Our processor Shopify uses limited automated decision-making to prevent fraud that does not have a legal or otherwise significant effect on you.
Services that include elements of automated decision-making include:
- Temporary blacklist of IP addresses associated with repeated failed transactions. This blacklist persists for a small number of hours.
- Temporary blacklist of credit cards associated with blacklisted IP addresses. This blacklist persists for a small number of days.
A cookie is a small amount of information that’s downloaded to your computer or device when you visit our Site. We use a number of different cookies, including functional, performance, advertising, and social media or content cookies. Cookies make your browsing experience better by allowing the website to remember your actions and preferences (such as login and region selection). This means you don’t have to re-enter this information each time you return to the site or browse from one page to another. Cookies also provide information on how people use the website, for instance whether it’s their first time visiting or if they are a frequent visitor.
We use the following cookies to optimize your experience on our website and to provide our services.
Cookies Necessary for the Functioning of the Store
|_ab||Used in connection with access to admin.||2y|
|_secure_session_id||Used in connection with navigation through a storefront.||24h|
|_shopify_country||Used in connection with checkout.||session|
|_shopify_m||Used for managing customer privacy settings.||1y|
|_shopify_tm||Used for managing customer privacy settings.||30min|
|_shopify_tw||Used for managing customer privacy settings.||2w|
|_storefront_u||Used to facilitate updating customer account information.||1min|
|c||Used in connection with checkout.||1y|
|cart||Used in connection with shopping cart.||2w|
|cart_currency||Used in connection with shopping cart.||2w|
|cart_sig||Used in connection with checkout.||2w|
|cart_ts||Used in connection with checkout.||2w|
|cart_ver||Used in connection with shopping cart.||2w|
|checkout||Used in connection with checkout.||4w|
|checkout_token||Used in connection with checkout.||1y|
|dynamic_checkout_shown_on_cart||Used in connection with checkout.||30min|
|hide_shopify_pay_for_checkout||Used in connection with checkout.||session|
|keep_alive||Used in connection with buyer localization.||2w|
|master_device_id||Used in connection with merchant login.||2y|
|previous_step||Used in connection with checkout.||1y|
|remember_me||Used in connection with checkout.||1y|
|secure_customer_sig||Used in connection with customer login.||20y|
|shopify_pay||Used in connection with checkout.||1y|
|shopify_pay_redirect||Used in connection with checkout.||30 minutes, 3w or 1y depending on value|
|storefront_digest||Used in connection with customer login.||2y|
|tracked_start_checkout||Used in connection with checkout.||1y|
|checkout_one_experiment||Used in connection with checkout.||session|
Reporting and Analytics
|_landing_page||Track landing pages.||2w|
|_orig_referrer||Track landing pages.||2w|
|_shopify_sa_p||Shopify analytics relating to marketing & referrals.||30min|
|_shopify_sa_t||Shopify analytics relating to marketing & referrals.||30min|
|_shopify_ga||Shopify and Google Analytics.||session|
The length of time that a cookie remains on your computer or mobile device depends on whether it is a “persistent” or “session” cookie. Session cookies last until you stop browsing and persistent cookies last until they expire or are deleted. Most of the cookies we use are persistent and will expire between 30 minutes and two years from the date they are downloaded to your device.
You can control and manage cookies in various ways. Please keep in mind that removing or blocking cookies can negatively impact your user experience and parts of our website may no longer be fully accessible.
Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can choose whether or not to accept cookies through your browser controls, often found in your browser’s “Tools” or “Preferences” menu. For more information on how to modify your browser settings or how to block, manage or filter cookies can be found in your browser’s help file or through such sites as: www.allaboutcookies.org.
Additionally, please note that blocking cookies may not completely prevent how we share information with third parties such as our advertising partners. To exercise your rights or opt-out of certain uses of your information by these parties, please follow the instructions in the “Behavioural Advertising” section above.
Do Not Track
Please note that because there is no consistent industry understanding of how to respond to “Do Not Track” signals, we do not alter our data collection and usage practices when we detect such a signal from your browser.
As noted above, if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e-mail or by mail using the details provided under “Contact” above.
Last updated: 17/03/2023